Hardware in the Control Room
The control room is the nerve center of any simulation, and it requires powerful hardware that is both reliable and easy to use. At SIMStation, we offer a range of components specifically designed for use in the control room.
- Recording Unit: This is a PC with one or two screens that is used to record all audio and video transmissions from the simulation room for the subsequent debriefing. At the same time, the recording unit enables the trainers to control all the equipment in the simulation room, annotate the recording material live and provide multimedia content for the participants.
- SIMStation Remote Tablet(s): Control and annotation of the video transmission can also be done via our tablets. As an additional mobile control unit, the tablets support a sensible division of labor in the control room: e.g., video stream control via the recording unit, annotations via tablet.
- Microphone(s): The SIMStation Control Microphone opens multiple audio channels from the control room to the simulation room. It allows public announcements for all simulation participants but can also be used for private messages with other facilitators/standardized patients or as the voice of a simulation manikin.
- IP loudspeakers: These IP speakers are responsible for audio transmission from the simulation room to the control room. Of course, a headphone variant can also be implemented without any problems.
Hardware in the Simulation Room
Hardware components in the simulation room provide both the video-based recording of the simulation event and the design of the scenario. The well-considered selection and placement of the components is crucial for high audio and video quality, but also for the creation of a realistic scenario.
- Simulation Unit: The Simulation Unit provides all connections for all AV devices in the simulation room. Thanks to PoE technology, not only is the data from the devices transmitted to the Recording Unit, but the devices are also supplied with power.
- Cameras: We offer a wide range of cameras, from low-cost IP cameras to high-quality PTZ IP cameras, with which you can capture every angle and perspective of the simulation. The selection and mounting of the respective cameras depend on the intended objective and room situation and can be flexibly coordinated.
- Microphones: Our microphones ensure that every relevant audio source in the simulation room is recorded in high quality. From permanently installed and mobile room microphones to radio microphones attached to participants, we have a wide range of available models here as well.
- IP loudspeakers: The loudspeakers primarily transmit announcements from the control room to the simulation room. These can be public announcements, but also simulated patient voices. Additionally, they can also be used to play prepared audio files (e.g., ambient sounds) into the simulation room.
- Media Screens**: With this useful tool, various data formats (documents, images or videos) can be played back to the training participants – controllable from the control room. The scenario can thus be easily expanded to include parameters such as X-ray images, blood findings or ultrasound images in real time – a function that contributes significantly to the immersive character of a scenario.
Hardware in the Transmission/Debriefing Room
In the transmission/debriefing room, high quality video and audio is essential to allow learners to fully engage with the simulation recording material. High-quality AV components are therefore an essential factor for learning success.
- Debriefing Unit: The Debriefing Unit contains a debriefing player, which enables the playback of the recordings on the imaging device.
- SIMStation Remote Tablet(s): The tablet's debriefing app not only allows full video control (layout, navigation, start/stop, etc.), but also the display of all the trainer's training data – annotations, checklists, bookmarks – and the playback of the corresponding video sequences. By displaying all this information exclusively on the tablet, the participants' concentration can be focused entirely on the video streams.
- Screen(s) or Smartboard(s): We offer screens or smartboards in any desired size for the live transmission or debriefing of a simulation. As in the control room, a 2-screen variant can easily be implemented. This allows the video streams to be displayed on one screen and other media or learning content to be played on a second screen at the same time.
- IP loudspeakers: The IP speakers transmit all audio signals recorded during the simulation and can also be used to play additional audio files if required.
Having a hard time making the right hardware choice?
We support you in making the right choice.